ACT can be accessed from any device with an internet browser (we recommend using Microsoft Edge or Chrome), including desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
Do NOT use Internet Explorer. Use Firefox ONLY if you have already configured it for CAC, which requires ActivClient. Visit the ACT login page and enter your AKO or CAC to enter Army Career Tracker. After visiting the login page, your browser may display a security alert. This happens because the Department of Defense does not safeguard its websites with standard SSL certificates. Instead, the Defense Department protects its own websites.
In addition, when logged in to ACT, military members frequently encounter the inability to create IDP. After logging in, navigate to the IDP tab and select Create New IDP beneath the IDP portlet.
To access ACT Army, follow these steps:
- Connect your CAC reader with CAC inserted to your computer. (Computer will recognize with an audible ding and icon in the task bar).
- Open a fresh web browser (Microsoft Edge or Chrome; Firefox only if configured with ActivClient) and go to Army Career Tracker (ACT).
- Select SIGN IN WITH CAC/PIV.
- Select the AUTHENTICATION certificate when prompted.
- Enter your six-digit PIN for your CAC.
- Having questions or issues? See the contact information below
Army Career Tracker (ACT) Help Desk:
Phone – 1-800-275-2872
Email – [email protected]